A crisis disrupts lives whether it is a relationship difficulty, school or work related stress, or a health issue. We are instructed to pray at all times but it is especially important to pray during a crisis.
- "Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints. Pray also for me, so that when I speak, a message may be given to me to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it boldly, as I must speak." - Eph.6:18-20
- Praise the Lord. (Jehosaphat)....appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness,....Praise the LORD; for his mercy [endureth] for ever. And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the (enemy). 2 Chronicles 20:21-22.
- Focus our lifestyles in a way that can help resolve, or at least let us concentrate more on resolving, a crisis.
- Instead of asking "Why?" when we have a crisis, we need to put our faith in the "Who". O LORD God of our fathers, [art] not thou God in heaven? and rulest [not] thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand [is there not] power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee? 2 Chronicles 20:6
- We need to have Faith in What God has done in the past and will do in the future.
- The Crisis Prayer brings freedom. Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle [is] not yours, but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15