As believers in God’s mighty power, we have prayed for revival for years. However, do we really know what we are praying for?
Based on 20+ years of research and documentation of over 800 communities that have been transformed by God’s presence, George Otis, Jr defines Transforming Revival as:
In Transforming Revival, God is invited — and expected — to assume control of everything from the sanctuaries of our hearts to the structures of our society. For the term transforming revival to be properly applied to a community, change must be evident not only in the lives of its inhabitants, but also in the fabric of its institutions. In the end, it is dramatic social, political, and even ecological renewal that sets these communities apart.
In short, a transformed community is…
- A neighborhood, city or nation whose values and institutions have been overrun by the grace and presence of God.
- A place where divine fire has not merely been summoned, it has fallen.
- A society in which natural evolutionary change has been disrupted by invasive supernatural power.
- A culture that has been impacted comprehensively and undeniably by the Kingdom of God.
- A location where Kingdom values are celebrated publicly and passed on to future generations.
For more information, contact The Sentinel Group at (800) 688-5657