HAPPY JULY. We have a lot to pray for, even though it's the middle of summer and our industry is supposed to be very quiet. So, as you're enjoying the summer weather, or even driving in your car on vacation, would you keep praying for the people, the projects and the issues in Hollywood that impact your world?
• Keep praying for Alan Horn at Disney and HPN's friend who is working with him
• Pray for Rachel at the new TV Game Show, "The American Bible Challenge"
• We praise God for His hand on Broadway and in LA Theater
• Pray for FATHERS in our industry
• Pray for Tom Cruise (50), Katie Holmes (33) and their daughter Suri (6)
• Pray for Johnny Depp and his girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis, as they split up
• Pray for Jay Leno who was influenced by Louis Zamperini's conversion story
• Pray for Kristin Chenoweth who was hospitalized Wednesday
• Pray for the Christians in America to be wise in how to respond to movies
• Pray that Christians don't boycott, get angry or revved up about films & TV
• Pray for the people in Hollywood who just want to be famous
• Pray for the family of Nora Ephron, a well-known essayist and filmmaker
• Pray for all of the people working on the feature film "Noah"
• Pray for Rene to experience grace as she goes through trials
• HPN Atlanta represented HPN at the annual AMTC SHINE event last week
• Last week our Florida HPN chapter had a big Arts & Media Conference
• Allied Integrated Marketing is offering our community special discounted tickets
• Join us for a Hollywood Prayer Walk to Serve The City! - Saturday, July 28th
• On 5 August 2012, pray for "Media Prayer Day 2012 – New Zealand"
• Last month we prayed for Alan Horn, the new head of Disney Production. AN HPN member emailed us: "Keep praying for Alan Horn, our new studio head. I am decorating his office with art & am praying for him!!" Let's keep praying for Alan!
• Last month we prayed for the TV series, "The American Bible Challenge." We have discovered that one of our members works with the show and praised God for our prayers! Rachel said, "Thank you for praying for the American Bible Challenge...I work for GSN in sales and it has been interesting to go out an "sell' this show to the secular world. Interesting conversations and feedback...appreciate the prayers." Let's keep praying for that show, for Rachel, the other people involved and the impact it will continue to have.
• We praise God for His hand on Broadway and in LA Theater as musicals and shows are addressing the godly messages of love and forgiveness in recent productions such as, 'Leap of Faith' and Tony award winning 'Memphis'. We praise
Him also for the joyful and creative messages in 'Mary Poppins' and 'Peter, the Starcatcher.' Let's pray for the creative artists in Theatre as well.
• Pray for FATHERS in our industry. On Fathers Day I was moved to pray for the fathers in our industry, who are so often not in town, too busy, or just plain absent. Let's pray for the fathers who are so needed in the lives of their children, for security, emotional stability and to role model what marriage is supposed to be.
• Pray for Tom Cruise (50), Katie Holmes (33) and their daughter Suri (6), as Tom and Katie get divorced after 6 years of marriage. They were labeled one of the most high-profile celebrity couples ever. We must pray for the Lord to reveal the truth of Scientology to Tom, for that was a contributing factor in the divorce. May all three of them seek Jesus during this time for He is their only Rock. For more details click HERE.
• Let's pray for Johnny Depp and his girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis, as they split up after being together 14 years. Vanessa is the mother of his two children, Lily Rose, 12 and Jack, 10. As you pray, read this quote from Johnny about being a father: "When I became a dad for the first time, it was like a veil being lifted," said Pirates of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp. "I was never horribly self-obsessed or wrapped up in my own weirdness, but when my daughter was born, suddenly there was clarity. I wasn't angry anymore. It was the first purely selfless moment that I had ever experienced. And it was liberating. In that moment, it's like you become something else. The real you is revealed." For more info click HERE.
• Pray for Jay Leno as he was influenced by Louis Zamperini's conversion story. Louis's conversion to Christianity enabled him to forgive the Japanese military leaders who tortured him during WWII. Jay was truly moved last month by Louis, (who lives in Hollywood) and asked him to tell his whole story on his show! May the Lord use Louis to bring Jay to know Him personally. To hear the story click HERE.
• Pray for Kristen Chenoweth who was hospitalized Wednesday after being hit by falling lighting equipment on set, which knocked her out as she hit the concrete. She was released after and overnight stay and is recovering at home. As a Christian in the industry, pray also for God to protect her, cover her, and give her strength to stay firm and grounded in Him. Ask for favor and continued influence in her work.
• We need prayer for the Christians in America to be wise in how to respond to the Media. A friend of HPN, Eric Metaxas, wrote a disturbing yet poignant article on the problem with Christians' lack of understanding about the Media and movies. Could you pray for the church to embrace the beauty in films? Read THIS article for more insight.
• The cancellation of the controversial TV series "GCB" happened extremely quickly by ABC. And it reminds us that we don't need to boycott, get angry or revved up about any programming that we think is offensive, inappropriate or destructive. We just have to pray. We got some emails from our membership asking what to do about "getting this show off the air" and our response was, "Just Pray!" When we've put the issue in God's hands, He'll do what's best. Well, God answered your prayers and decided that the show should be cancelled. Let's spread the word that we can't make people behave in a certain way, and we can't make people do certain types of programming, but we can PRAY. When we pray, God responds and then miracles happen! HERE'S the link to the details on the show.
• Pray for the people in Hollywood who are here because they just want to be famous. It's a terrible problem with both Christians and non-believers and it's destructive. HERE is an article from one of our Local Chapter Directors to remind us of this Idol: The human soul was not made for fame.
• Well-known essayist and filmmaker, Nora Ephron, died of leukemia last month. Please pray for her family. Nora wrote, produced and directed many quality films telling stories of the human heart, such as "You've Got Mail" and "Julie and Julia," Let's pray for her husband, screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi, her sons, Jacob and Maxher and her sister Delia, whom Nora sometimes collaborated with. Pray that God will use her death to draw those who knew and loved Nora to Jesus Christ!
• Pray for all of the people behind some exciting upcoming studio films of Bible Stories! The film to pray for this month is NOAH, which is in production at Paramount Pictures and will be released in 2014. May it lead it's crew, cast and audience to read the first hand story in the Bible! Pray also for a pastor friend of HPN's that is consulting on NOAH. May he have favor with the Director and get a chance to maintain biblical truth and substance in the film. For more info. click HERE.
REQUESTS FROM HPN MEMBERS:
• "I have a prayer request for grace in my trials. I would usually be more specific, but its just one thing after another....if its not permanent housing, it's sleep....I have not slept a solid night in almost a month and its hard enough to do a job interview on one bad night, much less several weeks of ones in a row. Thanks." -Rene
• Cassandra Hollis, our HPN Atlanta Local Chapter Director, represented HPN at the annual AMTC SHINE event last week and it was a hit. AMTC is a ministry for actors in Murietta, GA and having them include HPN in the conference was so encouraging. This is an answer to our prayer for working with other ministries across the country. Cassandra said: "It was a great experience. The presence of the Lord just reigned throughout the conference. The biggest blessing of all was praying for the performers "on the spot" right there at our HPN table!" HPN thanks Carey Lewis at AMTC for inviting us, and Cassandra at HPN for making it happen. Atlanta is a growing media city and we're excited to be a part of it! For more info on AMTC click HERE.
• Last week our Florida HPN chapter had a big Arts & Media Conference and it was a hit. They gathered hundreds of people in the media to celebrate their work, network and pray for their industry. Thanks to Gladys Colon for producing that
event. The Florida ministry is HERE.
A DISCOUNT TO HPN MEMBERS:
• For other upcoming events, click HERE.
Thanks for praying with us and enjoy your summer!
Karen and Caren
TIP OF THE MONTH: http://philcooke.com/how-to-deal-with-petty-and-insecure-people/
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"The saint realizes that it is God who engineers circumstances, consequently there is no whine, but a reckless abandon to Jesus. Never make a principle out of your experience; let God be as original with other people as He is with you." Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest
VERSE OF THE MONTH:
"But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8