Ordinary people can pray extraordinary, history-changing prayers (James 5:16- 18). Elijah prayed a simple prayer: “Answer me so that these people will know that You are God and that You are turning their hearts back again to You (1 Kings 18:36-37).” God answered that prayer with fire from heaven as a sign of His powerful presence, His judgment- on sin, and His worthiness to be worshipped. God, do it again!
- to acknowledge dependence on God in our education system.
- to give thanks for the blessings that God has given us through all forms of education.
- to ask God to guide the leadership of your school, including administration, faculty, students.
- to ask God to establish His righteousness in the areas of sin and strongholds of the enemy throughout the education system.
- to bring the curriculum into compiance with godly wisdom that begins with the fear of the Lord.
- There is multiplied power in praying in agreement with others.
Use the following guide to pray on special occasions, like National Day Of Prayer or See You At The Pole.
Pray regularly with prayer groups or prayer partners before school, during the lunch hour, or at other times.
How to pray
- Always begin with praise, as you enter into the presence of our God who is worthy.
- Confess and repent of personal sin. Present to God a heart free of unconfessed sin.
- Pray on the spiritual armor (Eph. 6:10-18). Be ready to stand strong in prayer at all times.
- Submit to God and seek His perspective. Ask Him what He sees when He sees your school. He may first tell you how His heart is breaking with mercy for your school. Pray, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy.” Cry to Him to grant repentance.
- Ask God what the enemy’s strongholds are in your school. He may show you rebellion, anger and violence, intellectualism, humanism, addiction and bondage to alcohol and drugs, peer pressure, sexual immorality, Satanism, dishonesty, apathy, worldliness, greed, ect. Aggressively do battle with Satan and refuse to let him take any more ground.
- Establish the names of God. Lift up a name of God that opposes each of the strongholds. Claim His power over each area. Lift high His banner of victory, because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world ( 1 John 4:4).
- Pray for the word of God and the fear of the Lord to be the basis of wisdom and instruction.
- Pray for the students and student leaders of your school, the administration, faculty, coaches, and volunteers by name. Pray for them to seek God. Pray for God to sweep your school with revival and evangelism. Pray for many to come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord and yield their lives totally to Him. Pray for more intercessors who are serious about praying for your school. Pray Scripture promises. God’s Word accomplishes God’s Purposes.
- Ask God to show you ways you can creatively witness to the leaders, students, and parents. Minister to them as the Spirit leads. Pray for the parents to seek God and be godly role models and spiritual influences.
- Persevere in prayer and praise until God by His Spirit answers your prayers for His honor and glory. Thank him for meeting you in this prayer time. Thank Him for His answers.