1. Father, thank You for the often unseen, positive influences of Christians in media. Protect them from growing tired or discouraged as they face negative challenges in their industry. Help them to be salt and light to those around them (Gal. 6:9; Mt. 5:13-14).
2. God of hope, fill Christians in media with contagious joy and peace that overflows in hope. Show them how to abide in You so that their exemplary lives have an eternal impact on co-workers (Ro. 15:13; Mt. 5:15-16).
3. God, whenever Christians in media open their mouths, give them just the right words to share Your love without fear. Give them confidence to rely on Your help (Eph. 6:19; Heb. 13:6).
4. Lead Your people in media to be zealous and spiritually fervent as they serve You. Raise up godly men and women who will lead by example (Ro. 12:11; 1 Cor. 11:1).
5. Bless the homes of media professionals. Build their families on Your wisdom; establish them through understanding. Teach their children so that Your peace rules (Prov. 3:33, 24:3; Is. 54:13).
6. Lord God, protect Christians in media from envy and selfish ambition. Keep affluent ones from becoming arrogant. Teach them to put their hope in You rather than wealth, as they are generous and rich in good deeds. Preserve their humility whenever they receive praise from others (Jas. 3:16; 1 Tim. 6:17-18; Ro. 12:3).
7. God of endurance and encouragement, give those called by Your Name in the media a spirit of unity among themselves as they follow Christ Jesus. Show them ways to encourage, support, and build each other up (Ro. 15:5; 1 Thess. 5:11).
8. Holy Spirit, remind Christians in the media to be sober and watchful so they can resist and overcome the enemy who is seeking to devour them (Ro. 8:37; 1 Pet. 5:8-9).
9. Lord of love, cause the love of Christians to abound in knowledge and depth of insight so they can pray with discernment for those who have authority in the media industry. Raise up intercessors who will commit to put on their armor and tear down industry strongholds in the fight against the kingdom of darkness (Phil. 1:9-11; 1 Tim. 2:1-2; 2 Cor. 10:3-4; Eph. 6:12-13).
10. Lord of hosts, send legions of angels to the major media centers of the world such as Hollywood and New York to assist in spreading Your message and accomplishing Your will (Ex. 23:20; Acts 5:19-20).
11. Father, give wisdom, knowledge, and understanding to media leaders as they make decisions in program development. Save them from the ways and words of worldly wisdom. Keep them from receiving counsel from those who walk outside Your truth and who have cynical attitudes. Remove the influence of anything evil, perverse, and faithless (Prov. 2:6, 12-15; 1 Cor. 3:19; Ps. 1:1, 101:3-4).
12. O God, create in industry decision-makers a sensitivity to the power that words and images have for good or evil. Remind them that they will have to give an account for their decisions (Prov. 18:21; Mt. 12:36).
13. Enable the media to see children as You see them, Father, and to use caution and discernment in seeking to protect their innocence (Mk. 9:42).
14. Creator God, You hold marriage and family relationships in high regard. Cause them to be portrayed in and through the media as good and honorable (Heb. 13:4).
15. Lord, bring media themes and products that communicate Your truth into the forefront. Guide people to create entertainment that encourages positive life choices that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Dt. 30:19; Phil. 4:8).
16. In the powerful Name of Jesus, we stand against the power and influence of the occult in media and media products, as this leads to the downfall of a nation (Dt. 18:10-12).
17. By Your grace, O God, teach Christian viewers to say "no" to ungodliness and worldly passions and to be self-controlled in their media choices. Teach them to lay hold of Your promises so they may escape corruption in the world. Holy Spirit, convict them of double-mindedness that sends mixed messages to program producers (Titus 2:11-12; 2 Pet. 1:3-4; Jas. 4:8).
18. Give Christian media ministries favor with You and with others. Remind them to seek Your kingdom first so all their physical needs will be supplied (Lk. 2:52, 12:31).
19. God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, reveal Yourself as Savior and Redeemer through Christ the Messiah to Jewish media professionals. Cause them to turn to You so the veil that covers their hearts will be removed (Is. 60:16; 2 Cor. 3:15-16).
20. Lord of the harvest, provide celebrities, media professionals, and their families with radical, life-changing encounters with You. Use them as chosen instruments to take your message to people in high places (Acts 9:1-19).
21. Father, with an expectant heart, I ask You to draw (name of someone in the media) to Yourself. Pierce (name's) heart with the good news about Your love. Lead (name) to repentance through Your kindness (Jn. 6:44; Acts 2:37-38; Ro. 2:4).
www.praymag.com Item #254